Welcome to Sycamore Class!
In Sycamore class we strive to try our best, respect each other and reflect positively on our work.
This term we will be exploring the Amazon and looking at how humans can have both a negative and a positive impact on the environment. We will also be zooming back to the Vile Victorian era and examining life during the Industrial Revolution- we may even be lucky enough to be visited by a time travelling mill owner but sshhh he can be rather grumpy at times!
In science we will examine how plants reproduce and make comparisons between other living creatures. We will explore the wonderful world of bees and look at how we can encourage bees in our local environment.
Mrs Holt and Mrs Johnson
Please help and encourage your child’s learning by:
– Reading a wide variety of books together, commenting on their content and expressing opinions about the characters, setting and plot.
– Checking unfamiliar words and exploring vocabulary with a dictionary.
– Learning times tables and number bonds and ensuring they complete ongoing homework tasks.
– Encouraging them to be independent and develop their general organisational skills.
– Helping with their talk for writing homework given on Friday in preparation for the Big Write the following Friday.
– Actively participating in your child’s home/school diary.
Keep up to date with our day at school and follow us on Twitter……