Welcome to Sycamore Class!
In Sycamore class we strive to try our best, respect each other and reflect positively on our work.
This term we will be exploring properties of materials in Science, as well as rivers in Geography. In English, we are studying the legend “Beowulf” and looking at the brilliant language used by Michael Murpurgo. We will adapt this language and writing style to create our own ending to the story. In Maths, we are looking at place value, comparing and ordering numbers up to a million. We will also revisit column addition and subtraction in the coming week.
Mr Denton and Miss Groome
Please help and encourage your child’s learning by:
– Reading a wide variety of books together, commenting on their content and expressing opinions about the characters, setting and plot.
– Checking unfamiliar words and exploring vocabulary with a dictionary.
– Learning times tables and number bonds and ensuring they complete ongoing homework tasks.
– Encouraging them to be independent and develop their general organisational skills.
– Helping with their talk for writing homework given on Friday in preparation for the Big Write the following Friday.
– Actively participating in your child’s home/school diary.
Keep up to date with our day at school and follow us on Twitter……